(…under construction but almost finished)
Recognizing & calling out Gen 3:15 enmity in the world requires conviction. Acting on these beliefs requires courage. The OT’s Sarah models the informed observation necessary to perceive threats to God’s promise of blessing. Stay awake. Keep watching.
About “Sarah Watching”:
The name “Sarah Watching” comes from Genesis 21:8-9.
The child grew and was weaned, and on the day Isaac was weaned Abraham held a great feast. 9 But Sarah saw that the son whom Hagar the Egyptian had borne to Abraham was mocking, Genesis 21:8-9
God had promised that the covenant He made with Abraham would continue through a child born to him and Sarah. Sarah laughed when she heard this because she was 90 years old and Abraham 100.
Isaac means “to laugh.” In Genesis 21:9, Ishmael was “mocking.” “Mocking” is from the same Hebrew word as “laughing” but it is a different verbal tense-the Hebrew piel-which can be interpreted as an intensification of the original verb. The context helps to identify exactly how the verb is intensified.
In this case, Isaac “to laugh” brought great joy and celebration to the patriarch Abraham in his old age. This is obvious without knowing the meaning of his name from the fact that Abraham held a great feast.
Ishmael was mocking-an imitation of laughter. An attempt to make fun of, insult, or take away the joy of Isaac, i.e. the joy of the occasion.
This covenant is the same that God made with us through His Son Jesus Christ. Does Ishmael mocking, making fun of, insulting, etc., sound like any neo-liberals that you know?
…more to come
re Sarah’s exceedingly great bravery and courage to tell Abraham that Ishmael had to go. Your modern day sensibilities may make you feel uneasy towards Sarah’s actions. But should they? The thing displeased Abraham too, but God said “Do what Sarah says.” …
About Our Team
The other day we stumbled upon Ann Coulter’s WikiPedia page. Her words describe us perfectly, so thank you Ann! for writing this section for SW.
“I don’t care about anything else; Christ died for my sins, and nothing else matters.”
“Jesus’ distinctive message was: People are sinful and need to be redeemed, and this is your lucky day, because I’m here to redeem you even though you don’t deserve it, and I have to get the crap kicked out of me to do it.”
“…the message of Jesus… according to liberals”, can be summarized as “something along the lines of ‘be nice to people'”, which, “is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity.”
Confronting some critics’ views that her content and style of writing is unchristian, Coulter said that she is “a Christian first and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don’t you ever forget it. Christianity fuels everything I write. Being a Christian means that I am called upon to do battle against lies, injustice, cruelty, hypocrisy—you know, all the virtues in the church of liberalism”.
Sarah Watching resonated with this so much, instantly we knew it had to go on SW’s ABOUT page. We are here to do battle.
And These Things Too…
In addition, we also believe in the following (although this is not an exhaustive list; please Contact Us with any questions):
- Everything stated in the Apostle’s Creed.
- That the Holy Bible has primacy and authority in the life of the church and its members
- The Trinity–God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
- That the founding and excellence of America has truly been a miracle of God
- That the Constitution and Bill of Rights are as near to excellence as any governing documents by any other nation in history
- That leftists in America ruin everything they touch especially those they pretend to represent
- That leftists in America can be divided into three categories: ignorant and will never learn; habitual and have never bothered to learn; greedy, power-hungry, elitist “leaders” and “donors” who are intentionally trying to destroy America and her founding values, all servants of satan–whether they acknowledge it or not
- That leftists are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish, and anti-American
- That one day Jesus Christ will return to earth to judge all people
- Grace. Grace. Grace.
- That all people, regardless of past, age, race, gender, creed, etc., can be saved through faith in Jesus Christ. Yes, even a reprobate leftist will be welcomed into the arms of God if he/she accepts Jesus Christ through faith.