Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2020
Happy Religious Freedom Day!! January 16!
Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2020
WOW! The Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day issued on January 15, 2020 by President Donald Trump. By any standards this is amazing! Baby, we have come a long way from Christian oppression made public in the mid-1900’s, ramped up in the 70’s and 80’s, and nuclearized in the repressive years of 2009-2016!
Make no mistake, it is still there. But the Legion do not have the power of the federal government and courts strong arming those they arrogantly and intolerantly detest.
The Proclamation – “Our First Freedom”
From its opening pages, the story of America has been rooted in the truth that all men and women are endowed with the right to follow their conscience, worship freely, and live in accordance with their convictions. On Religious Freedom Day, we honor the foundational link between freedom and faith in our country and reaffirm our commitment to safeguarding the religious liberty of all Americans.
Religious freedom in America, often referred to as our “first freedom,” was a driving force behind some of the earliest defining moments of our American identity. The desire for religious freedom impelled the Pilgrims to leave their homes in Europe and journey to a distant land, and it is the reason so many others seeking to live out their faith or change their faith have made America their home.
More than 230 years ago, the Virginia General Assembly passed the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, which was authored and championed by Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson famously expounded that “all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of Religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge or affect their civil capacities.” This statute served as the catalyst for the First Amendment, which enshrined in law our conviction to prevent government interference in religion. More than 200 years later, thanks to the power of that Amendment, America is one of the most religiously diverse nations in the world.
Highlights Of The Trump Presidency’s Commitment To Religious Freedom
- January 16 2020 – Religious Freedom Day honoring the foundational link between freedom and faith in our country; and reaffirming our commitment to safeguarding the religious liberty of all Americans.
- All men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of Religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge or affect their civil capacities. – Thomas Jefferson
- May 2017 – President Trump signed an Executive Order to advance religious freedom for individuals and institutions and to stop the Johnson Amendment from interfering with pastors’ right to speak their minds.
- Over the last 3 years – The DOJ has obtained 14 convictions in cases involving attacks or threats against places of worship.
- December 2019 – President Trump signed an Executive Order to to ensure that Federal agencies are using nondiscrimination authorities to combat anti-Semitism.
- Trump administration
- does not tolerate the violation of any American’s ability to worship freely and openly and to live as his or her faith command
- has made protecting religious minorities a core pillar of my Administration’s foreign policy
- July 2019 – survivors of religious persecution, Christians, Jews, and Muslims, from 16 countries were welcomed into the Oval Office
- September 2019 – in President Trump’s address to the United Nations in September, he called on global leaders to take concrete steps to prevent state and non‑state actors from attacking citizens for their beliefs and to help ensure the sanctity and safety of places of worship.
- Summer 2019 – State Department convened its second Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom, where diplomats engaged a broad range of stakeholders in government and civil society, both religious and secular, to identify concrete ways to combat religious persecution and discrimination around the world and ensure greater respect for freedom of religion and belief.
Our Founders entrusted the American people with a responsibility to protect religious liberty so that our Nation may stand as a bright beacon for the rest of the world. Today, we remain committed to that sacred endeavor and strive to support those around the world who still struggle under oppressive regimes that impose restrictions on freedom of religion. – President Donald Trump, January 16, 2020
Note About Legion (Because There Are Many)
The Religious Freedom proclamation includes this sentence: “Repressive governments persecute religious worshipers using high-tech surveillance, mass detention, and torture, while terrorist organizations carry out barbaric violence against innocent victims on account of their religion.” The evidence for this is overwhelming and can be viewed here in great detail.
Note when the bloodthirsty islamic terrorist Qasem Soleimani, who has threatened America, Americans abroad, his own Iranian people, Israel, the list goes on and on, American Democrats and their media counterparts criticized the action. The American mainstream news media and Democrat Party, who do the bidding of globalist elites, actually lamented the killing of a terrorist!
More evidence, as if anyone needed it, that these people are controlled by their father, who is the father of all lies, the destroyer of all things good, and evil personified. These people must be absolutely pummeled at the ballot box. We must pray for their utter defeat and annihilation.